Sales Refund Policy
Oregon Hang Gliding Business Policy
- The hang gliding industry endeavors to provide the best possible service. However, we are a small custom-craft industry that
depends on unpredictable weather. Unflyable days can delay lessons, testing of equipment and delivery of goods. Custom made gliders and harnesses
have a delivery time of 2 to 4 months. However this timeline is usually is in synchronization with a student training pace. However, inventory
supplies, customization procedures, any one person absent, sick or on vacation in the distribution and manufacturing chain can cause delays.
Also, sometimes significant backlogs occurr. Please be patient.
- One time Full Day Lessons have cancellation fees. Your reservation payment pays for expenses during nonseason
downtime, acts as a retainer for instructor availability and restricts others from taking your reservation during the busy season. The entire lesson cost is refunded 14 days after
the date of payment so long as that there is 30 days left before the reservation. After 14 days a 10% of total cost cancellation fee applies to the reservation. If cancelation occurs between 14 days after the reservation and seven days before the reservation a
20% of total cost cancellation fee applies. If cancellation occurs within 7 and 3 days before the reservation a 30% of total cost cancellation applies. Within
3 days of the reservation the cancellation fee is 50% of total cost. Remember, you can always take the lesson on another
date or provide it as a gift. Your reservation payment means you agree to the above.
Lesson Packages are non-refundable. Lesson packages are retainers to keep the instructor
available till the weather improves and appropriate conditions exist to advance the particular
student. Lesson packages AND equipment purchase provides a per lesson discount and full
service instructional enhancements including physical assistance on the hill/dune, personalized video review, OHGSOnline modules with interactive
testing, equipment clinics, electronic simulator work, long term cell phone support. Lessons may be purchased ala carte minus
these premium services at higher per lesson cost. All lessons (7-12 flight events) cancelled, delayed or
incomplete due to weather will be credited toward the next possible opportunity. No shows
will be charged 50 percent of the lesson cost. All lesson packages expire 6 months after purchase.
It is strongly encouraged we set-up a scheduling contract.
- Custom made items, made to order, are non-refundable. This includes gliders, helmets, headset/fingerswitch installed helmets and modified
radios. The $1000 deposit for glider manufacture is non-refundable.
- If a quality problem should exists in non-customized merchandise, we pay all standard shipping charges to replace defective merchandise. Customised items are modified at no charge but we charge you for shipping and handling.
- For merchandise not required to be test-flown notification of returns or exchanges must be made within 5 days of receipt. Items must be in their original condition. Gliders are not refundable once shipped.
- Our errors will be corrected and shipped at our expense. However, we will not
refund postage or shipping on returns, and or refunds for products that you
ordered and decided it was not what you wanted.
Most non custom product orders (except harnesses and gliders) are shipped within from the factory 2 - 4 business days but must be re-shipped. Expect at least a 2-3 week delivery time for non-custom equipment. Made-to-order items usually ship within 20 business days but this depends on how many custom orders are ahead of yours. We will remain in contact with you regarding the status of your order.
All merchandise is insured for cost of the merchandise and sent registered mail. This is reflected in the shipping costs. Tracking numbers are provided. Local customers can arrange appointments for equipment pick-up and adjustment. Large
items such as harnesses and gliders will be stored at no charge for two weeks or if
student is actively earning a qualifiying rating. Otherwise, a storage fee of $1.00 per
day will be charged for gliders, $0.50 per day for harnesses after two weeks. $0.10 per day for other items
If you should receive a damaged parcel please contact us immediately so we may assist you.
- Your support is greatly appreciated. The only reason we are available to teach and provide service is because you choose to purchase from us. Purchase from those that are available for teaching and service. Hang gliding requires to grow for prices to remain reasonable.